Monday, March 7, 2011

Kite Runner

For those of you who have read the book or seen the movie Kite Runner. I finally managed to do both. They provided me with a very interesting perspective into an area I was forced to stereotype. A region invaded by political opinion that once had an identity of its own, is so easily dismissed. There are many parallel issues running through out the course of the story, which would beg for a broader debate, but for now, Khaled Hosseini through his metaphor of the Kite Runner inspired me to shed my myopic visions and broaden my horizons to a territory in Dire Straits. The Simplistic Innocence of kite flying resonates deep within me and every time I think of the joy on amir’s face when he cut his opponents kite echos to me that, if our Will is strong enough there is nothing that can stop us form achieving what we want in this world. That should include compassion to our fellow beings because if we all do our small parts, (even if it is an idea or inspiration shared through this blog) collectively we can build a better, stronger world in the midst of all the negativity. As Mahatma Gandhi the Visonary said “We must be the change we wish to see in this world”

No comments: