Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Down Memory Lane

While interacting with my kids who are 5 and 6 through the course of their activities, be it school work such as simple language and number problems to story time to pretend play, many memories of my childhood flash back. It is an exciting time for me when that happens because through my children I get to relive my special moments shared together with my brother while growing up. No matter what time of life you are at, no matter where you are in the world, nothing can stop sweet memories from flowing back when they are triggered through fun events and what I find inspiring in this instance is that in todays stressful world we are caught up with materialism, but through the simplicity and purity of my child’s play and learning, and their comprehension of the world, breathes fresh air into my trampled spirit caught up in mundane worldly living.
Through still photography I captured some delightful moments of my son playing outdoors. I put together a video which is meant to evoke a sense of nostalgia in you and flood your mind with those special memories of you growing up with a friend, a sibling or a parent or even on your own.

1 comment:

Jennifer Gauntlett said...

I love this post. Reading it made me think of the puffy dandelion "flowers" we wished on as kids. So many fun memories of innocent playfulness and pure joy. The memory of that today has made my day so much brighter! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!